Sunday, November 08, 2015

Highest highs and The lowest low

That ring..
Never fails to send my heart racing
It's been months in its silence 
Yet when it rings, oh....the trouble it brings

It's been awhile with the free flowing conversation 
Almost forgot what it felt like
That you would turn to someone like me
With that curiosity and inquisitiveness that I have always adored

It's like a sugar rush high
You still hold that important place of priorities
Despite all that I thought I had let go
I guess I was so wrong

Being the last thing that I did before my eyes fell into slumber
It felt like it was how it was meant to be
Cherished it as much as I could
For little moment like these

But all came to a crashing low
When I got a reply that affirmed that virtual separation
The hurt, the pain, the everything inside
It churned and grind and just broke everything it could

You think you've been hurt before
And that this probably wasn't any worse
But nothing has ever left you quite this sore
To the very core and even deeper than you ever thought  it could go

This I gotta admit
Nothing has ever affected me this badly before
Nothing quite this close to the pain and the intensity of it all

Nothing.nothing.nothing.

No comments: