Saturday, September 26, 2015

Now i see..& I hope.

Going on through life without you
Not easy but I try
See where all the brokenness we had
All the holes and where we fell short
Would we have worked if we went on the way we did?
It was a good thing, this...He must have known
Tough love probably..But definitely needed
Silence and guessing... It was hard
Pre-conceived ideas that wouldn't be moved

Now I can see where my shortfalls were
I know what i didnt do right
Thanks for putting up with me despite my inadequacies
Thanks for showing me a better me
Wish I could turn back time with all that I know now
Really wanted to make you the happiest man on earth
But not while i hadn't snapped out of my delusion

Life can be strange like that
Twists and turns that we know not of
I hope you are happier than I could have made you
I hope she loves you more than I did
I hope life treats us both well

No comments: