Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MY 9th level of HEAVEN....(almost)
Last night, i spent a glorious 4 hours of my ubiquitously available time to make something I am super-duperly proud of myself of. =)
I started by peeling d almost 1.5kg of ginger... chopped them into smaller pieces and blended them till it was mush. Then squeezed the juice out of them into a bowl and resqueezed them again and again until every last drop of juice was in the bowl. (this I did with a lil bit of help frm Ck of course...=P) Then i dried the "secret ingredient" til it was brown.. and the ginger fibres too... before heating the pot for cooking the chicken doused well with sesame oil. In went the dry stuffies... mixed well with a wooden spatula which had remnants of Tom-Yam flavouring... and then... in went the juice.... and left to simmer on a low low flame. An episode of bones later... it was pipingly bubbling hot... and the taste.... SIMPLY HEAVENLY.
With a dash of black sauce and steaming hot white rice... aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh..... i couldn't ask for more.
That, my friend....
is my mum's infamous
Ka-Cha-Ma. =)
*hope all of you that got a taste of it enjoyed that.....*

No comments: